“A monster talent.”
– Jim Hurst, Singer/Songwriter
“Spontaneous and incredibly intuitive.”
– Jason D. Williams, Rock'n Roll Piano Legend
– John Mohead, Singer/Songwriter
“One in a million.”
– Alan Rowoth, Founder, folkmusic.org; host, Big Orange Tarp
“She transcends this physical plane with her nuance and brilliance.”
– Piper Hayes, Singer/Songwriter
“Alice Hasen’s technical skills are exceptional and her melodic approach is refreshing. She works hard to give a producer what is asked for and performs with a joy that is infectious. She is definitely on my ‘A’ list to call for violin/fiddle.”
– Tricia Walker, Singer/Songwriter; Director, DMI Entertainment Industry Studies, Delta State University
“Hasen’s playing [gives] the songs soul and movement… that feeling you get when you put your hand out the window of a moving car, and let it fly!”
– KOTO Radio, Telluride, CO.
Alice Hasen is a professional violinist/fiddler specializing in rock, folk, roots, jazz and classical music. Born in Vermont but residing in Memphis, TN, Alice is the leader of Alice Hasen and the Blaze, a fiddle-powered groove band that primarily plays Alice's original compositions. Alice is also a member of the Blackwater Trio, an acoustic rock group that performs both covers and originals. Outside of these acts, Alice collaborates with several singer-songwriters, bands and recording artists in the South. Her playing covers all styles, but her favorites are rock, funk, and hot club jazz.